Tuesday, February 07, 2006

OUR BLOG IS NOW WORLD FAMOUS FOLKS, CATSHILL SCHOOL IN ENGLAND HAVE DISCOVERED US !

I visited our blog last night to see if any of our trusty writers had added any new comments to it...... and to my considerable surprise I discovered a whole flock of new comments, scattered over a whole lot of the postings. A pleasant surprise, I have to say.

It seems that Lotty's older sister, Sue, an IT teacher at Catshill school in perfidious Albion has started using our blog as an example of blogging for her classes. Thus the flood of new comments, mostly favourable, I am happy to say.

So, I promptly answered as many of them as I could, bearing in mind it was late at night, and once again I am acting as a supply teacher, for my sins. This time a class of 12/13 year olds, who, as with the last lot, have been the soul of kindness to me, thank God!

I am taking this opportunity to say a loud "HI" to all the kids at Catshill who have visited, and I hope will revisit our little blog, and I hope that seeing our blog, as well as a lot of other blogs, will encourage them to create their own blog soon, telling the world of their lives and doings.

I was pleased that several of them picked up on that pic of the whale's jaw bones, (see posting about our visit to Namibe) and were disturbed by it, probably thinking that the owner of the place had gone out to sea and killed himself a whale. Happily, this is not the case, the whole coast down there is littered with the bones of all manner of marine creatures that have mostly died a natural death, an he had simply found them and felt that they would look good as a sort of gateway to his bar.

I have seen quite a few whales now, swimming along the coast, not far out.. Some seriously big ones at that!

Anyhow, I am pleased and happy that these kids have discovered our blog, it puts me under even greater pressure to make new postings than I already was...Which is a good thing, I reckon.

I have been mulling over the idea of making the next posting a sort of photo-reportage of the Angolan mania for putting things into neat little piles...Fruit, rocks, coal, you name it, if they think they can sell it on the street... They pile it up in the neatest possible manner. So I shall take a camera and get one of the school busses to drive me around one of these days soon, and then put the results up on our blog. This to prove that Alan - who mentioned in a comment that our blog was becoming a bit of a comic strip - is completely correct!

Therefore, I take this opportunity to welcome Catshill kids to the wonderful world of blogs, and hope to hear more from them all. Enjoy yourselves, Kids...its a good life!!!!!!!!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tony
Just to say that I continue to enjoy your blog (no pressure as I'm 54!). I also enjoyed seeing Charlotte (twice) over the last couple of days. I hope the planes worked better than predicted for her. Good luck for the last six months in Luanda - make the most of that most extraordinary country before you move on to the next one (extraordinary, that is!). All the best. Robert (the alternative blogger!)

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HiTony
We need a correction unless you are specifically hiding our identity. We are Catshill Middle School (in middle England if we want to be non-specific). this is just an immediate response before I read the rest of the additions to your blog. The kids are really enthusiastic about blogging now they have seen how your example works. Love Sue

10:38 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Nope, it was a typo on my part, which I will shortly correct.... duh! )O;

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, great blog
from Molly
(Catshill Middle School)

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is quite intriguing Tony, especially as I'm planning to visit Angola during the summer (maybe)
hopefully you won't leave too soon, it's way too interesting (although China is not bad either)
good luck!

gert

btw check your private messages on the thorntree if you haven't done so recently :-)

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i like your blog very much i like the bit about the school i hope you had fun bye kim

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello i am from catshill middle school it is very very sunny here wot is it like over der

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello i am nick how is the weather, its really windy here.we have your sister in law as our teacher.......

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i go to catshill middle school
and it is snowing and there is a rainbow

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello i am from catshill middle school

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i go 2 catshill n im in ict now its bordin n u dnt learn anythink! its rainin at the mo! plz pupblish this!!!!!!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nice blog Tony looks great how are things over where you are?
Good luck in the future!
Craig
member of Catshill School

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

im iain. i go to catshill middle school. great blog.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi great blog!
hows it over where you are
molly yr8
catshill middle cchool

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home